Saturday, January 30, 2010

Whew! Finally! I have obtained all the STUFF needed for my sweetheart snow man. Is it sacrilege to purchase a brand other than the wonderful Mill Hill beads? It was a really great find! Okay, while technically I'm still missing one item, (I probably will hold off on the frilly thread (Arctic Rays) until everything else is stitched) I AM prepared. I am refraining though and not starting on this kitted work until Feb 12. I'm sitting on my hands. Which are growing numb from my not so tiny hiney. LOL


But really, with such a cute date, it's so difficult to keep him in reserve for that day when I can bust out his fabric, pinpoint his center, and thread the needle for his first stitch. Oh how I long for that day.

While I've been preparing for our Olympic feat, I've warmed up with a couple of ornaments

I didn't say FINISHED ornaments! LOL

and am now getting a few more stitches in a larger WIP for my hubby's niece. Wedding present. She's been married for just a bit now. . . Well, truth be told, it's been about 2 years, but in my defense (waaaa waaa waaa) I thought I was going to have to rip it out because I'd miscounted terribly; I was dreading it. After a recount I discovered that I was mistaken and the miscount was a technical error that the backstitching will solve. YEAH! Anyway, this is my pre-Olympic warm-up:
Oops, that was my pre-Olympian treat for my boyz. Luv to snap the ginger:-) THIS is my pre-Olympic warm-up:

which I hope to have a few more stitches in before Feb 12 because I WILL be starting Mr. Snow Days then!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you sweetheart snow man is lovely! Congrats on the ornaments and WIP, all is looking good and you should tease us with those cookies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You finished your ornaments! Great project and I'll have to see if I have that Artic Rays stuff in the stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tonight it's pizza, not as much a tease, but still tasty. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had the Snowman for years. You have inspired me to pull it out once I catch up with some of my other projects. Great finishes! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete