Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hey! A Post With a Picture!

Was last night's Snowboarding Half Pipe awesome or what? No one can touch Shaun White, who happens to be my current cougar crush. I love the snowboarding and the extreme events. I think it comes from growing up with Wide World of Sports.

Below you see my progress on Goode Huswife's With My Needle. Not much I know. I keep thinking there is a mistake in her sleeve on the right, I can't find it and it all looks ok and I've counted it out several times but I think it's going to come back and bite me once I log quite a few hours on this project(which means too many hours to frog).

And here is my alternate project:


It's the Laura Parker Sampler from Rose Tree Samplers. In all honesty I thought I'd have this finished before the Olympics but once again I plan faster than I stitch.
Anyone watch the Curling yesterday? There's a female competitor on the American team I believe, I only caught half the story, who is five months pregnant? Competing in the Olympics preggers? Go her! Good thing curling isn't too strenuous so she is able to pursue her goal, how many sports allow you this possibility?


2 comments:

  1. I grew up with the "Thrill of Victory and the Agony of Defeat" but I have to admit the list of winter Olympic sports that I find ridiculous grows longer the more I watch. Sorry but you can't be a real athlete if you are wearing fake jeans to compete! ;O

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! But the snowboarding uniforms(and I use the word uniform loosely) definitely embrace snowboarding's skateboarding roots. My oldest was saying that he read somewhere that there were complaints about the US teams attire. I hadn't read that but the other snowboarders were kind of sagging too.

    I love the skiing, snowboarding, and figure skating, I'm torn about curling, I get it but I don't. It's like something you'd play on an Alaskan cruise instead of shuffleboard. JMHO.

    ReplyDelete