Friday, February 19, 2010

I have finished the DMC3031 stitches in the mermaids hair. It's taken a while. Some I put in and had to take back out. But also, I've been too excited by some of the things that are happening in Vancouver. First, I had to bite my knuckles over Lindsey Vonn's downhill. I love that she skis on "men's" skis. I don't know why but that thrills the gender studies student in me. I was worried about her injury too, but she's hard. Rock on, first American woman to win Olympic Gold in the downhill!!

I was born and raised in New Hampshire, one of the tinier states. Do you know how many of our 1.3 million residents have medaled so far in the 21st Winter Games? Two! Bode Miller and Scotty Lago (Three if you count Hannah Kearney who was born in NH.) Not bad for a little burg. That's as many as all of Belarus--and they have nine times the people.

3 comments:

  1. annnnd, NH boasts at least one very fine stitcher too. ;-)

    It's annoying how Olympic praying/chanting/cheering interferes with stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those Mirabilia mermaids. She's coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not joining you this year, however I have an urge to clear up WIP's at the moment. I am doing pretty well as well. And tidying cupboards, and all kinds of sort of spring cleaning stuff! I pulled out all of my cross stitch stash, and filed the not-filed, and re-packed the cupboard, now I may find some stuff! I found my Clover cutter and my Thread Heaven and two pairs of scissors that I had even forgotten about - they were last used two years ago! (Both in the same project - I ask you)! I have started and intend to finish a WIP Quilt that was cut out over ten years ago, and I am keen to finish it up as it is looking darn stunning! So, my mind is buzzing and I am cleaning up so well. Beware dust bunnies! I is on the prowl.

    ReplyDelete